Guys, if you’ve been following POH for any length of time, you have probably figured out that I LOVE an easy and beautiful DIY. Well this, my friends, is no different. In fact I am going hardcore DIY with most of my Christmas items this year, so stay tuned! I bought the DIY ornaments at Michael’s for 60% off and the tinsel garland for 50% off. These ornaments only cost 80 cents each!! No, that’s not a typo — a legit 80 cents each. I also used some crinkle paper that I already had on hand, which you can also pick up at Michael’s; I think it’s about $5 for a bag, and no, this post is not sponsored by Michael’s, but I want you to know all the details!
This year I was ready for a change with our Christmas decor and colour scheme. We’ve been decorating our home(s) and trees with the same decorations for the last eight years. To put it into perspective, our last four homes (yes we have moved a bunch in the last eight years) have all had the same Christmas decor — TOTALLY time for a change, am I right?! My husband moaned about it a little, but now he is 100% on board seeing how it is all coming together. Gosh, a little trust please, ha!
- Take the cap off the clear ornament
- Cut off about 1″-2″ piece of garland
- Place in the opening of the ornament and push down until the whole piece of tinsel (or crinkle paper) is in the body of the ornament
- Put cap back on the ornament
- Add ornament hook or twine
- Hang on the tree or whatever you like
- Marvel at the fact that you are a DIY goddess who deserves to be worshipped (I see you)
I should mention that these ornaments are plastic, so perfect for kiddos to get into the spirit and help you out (and they will still look Pinterest-worthy). Looking for other Christmas DIY’s check out my Simple Modern Holiday Wreath Tutorial. If you’re going to get down and rock these DIY’s for your holiday decor, please share on Instagram at #pursuitofhomeblog – I’d love to check out your work!