When hosting a gathering it is nice to offer your guests a unique drink selection (outside of the usual beer/wine) to kick-up the party experience. It helps your guests step out of their comfort zone and try something new. For our Thanksgiving gathering we offered this apple cider sangria and it was a hit!
I adopted this recipe and modified.
Apple Cider Sangria
Apple Cider Sangria - A fall twist on a summer classic! This recipe is really easy, takes about 5 mins to prepare and a crowd pleaser! A win-win in my book! Grab a pitcher and get started.
- 2 small pears thinly sliced
- 2 small apples thinly sliced
- 1 medium lemon cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup whiskey or regular whiskey
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey
- 1 1/2 cups sparkling white wine or Prosecco can sub sparkling cider
- cinnamon sticks for garnish
To a large pitcher, add pear, apple, lemon and pomegranate seeds.
Pour apple cider into the pitcher, followed by whiskey and JD Tennessee Honey. Refrigerate for a few hours, and then add the sparkling wine right before serving.
Pour chilled sangria into glasses, making sure to get plenty of fruit in each glass. Garnish each glass with a cinnamon stick.